Lately, I have been pondering over some issues which led me to ask some questions. As I thought more about them, I realised that I am not alone in the quest for answers. We live in a world filled with questions, and in addition to those that are running inside of us, the environment and society also throw some at us.
There are three categories of questions:
- Those we have answers to
- Those we do not have the answers to but can get from others
- Those that no one on earth has the answers to
As I started this write up, it dawned on me that no one has all the answers – the day a mortal has all the answers in the world, he stops needing God. I do not have all the answers and I will not pretend to, but I hope to achieve one or all of the following, through this medium:
- Stir you up to seek for the answers that are relevant to you
- Seek for answers from those that might have a bit of insight
- Get us all to exchange ideas
- Hopefully provide information that will come in handy for others that are not yet asking questions
One of the questions that I have asked (and I am still asking) is: What is this life all about? What am I here for?
In my search for an answer, I read the book “” by . If you have not read it, I recommend that you please get a copy and read. From God’s word and the book, I got a few points:
- God created us and He had a plan and reason for allowing you to come to the world and at a time like this
- God never makes a mistake and you are not a mistake
- Everything that has happened to you and is happening to you is part of the whole picture/show – even the bad experiences are all working together for your good
- You will never find a meaning outside of God
- God has brought you to this world to solve a problem
- You are unique and special – so no point comparing yourself to another
- Your assignment is also unique and different – so no need trying to do it the way others have.
- Greatness lies in you
- You were made and wired up for connecting with others especially God’s people
While I do not intend to shove the content of the book down your throat, it is my strong belief that we all need to take time out, and ask this all important question: Why am I here?
It looks like we have a different problem in this age – now we know so much yet do very little about what we know. We know what we should do but we often do not do those things. It is the third month of 2009 and the question is where will you and I be by the end of the year? Closer to our purpose/dream or further? To be closer to our purpose, we need to know what our purpose is and take steps towards fulfilling our purpose.
The type of questions you and I ask will determine the kind of answers we will get. While yesterday is gone, and today is going; tomorrow is still there for us to start living our dreams and walking in purpose. If you have found your assignment, are you pursing it? If you have not found your assignment, seek and you will find. In all, let us wake up and do what we have to do.
What exactly are you here for?